Medical Management

Houthi missile attack kills 3 in Jazan, Saudi Arabia

Riyadh, (UNA-OIC) - Three Saudi civilians were killed in Jazan province in southwestern Saudi Arabia from a missile launched from Yemen by the Houthi militia, said Saudi state-owned Al Ekhbariya TV on Saturday night.

Saudi-led Coalition Spokesperson Col. Turki Al-Maliki confirmed that at 02:55pm local time (11:55 GMT) the Southern Operations Center announced that Houthi militants deliberately targeted a civilian area, killing three people.

The Houthis, a militant group that controls much of Yemen including the capital Sana'a, have fired a series of missiles into the Kingdom in recent months, part of a three-year-old conflict in Yemen.

The coalition said it would retaliate against anyone who threatens the safety of its citizens and residents.

The US-backed, Saudi-led military coalition is fighting against the Houthis on behalf of the government of President Abd Rabbu Mansour Al-Hadi, who lives in exile in Riyadh.

Last month, the group fired a salvo of missiles at the capital Riyadh, saying it was targeting economic targets.

Source: International Islamic News Agency